[Ipopt] problems on OS X 10.7 Lion

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 14 17:10:55 EDT 2011

Here's an update ...

1. As I suspected, it's unrelated to the hardware specs. When I rebooted the machine under Snow Leopard, my MEX builds work fine. I only mention this since I have encountered software for which the 64 GB of RAM triggered bugs.

2. After upgrading to Mac OS X 10.7.2 and Xcode 4.2, I see no change.

3. I was able to successfully compile Ipopt and the MEX interface using MA57 as the linear solver instead of MUMPS. In this case, the 'make test' step for Ipopt does not show any failures, at least in the several attempts I tried. However, the MEX file, while it executes, does not pass most of my tests and still spits out lots of ...

   WARNING: Problem in step computation; switching to emergency mode.

... even for the examples in Ipopt/contrib/MatlabInterface/examples.

Any ideas?

--
Ray Zimmerman
Senior Research Associate