[Ipopt] I can't compile the JavaInterface

Marc Millstone mszetom at us.ibm.com
Tue May 24 12:58:50 EDT 2011

Hi,

   I have checked out the trunk (svn co
   https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Ipopt/trunk CoinIpopt) and the
   prerequisites which compile okay. The example hs_071_cpp compiles and
   executes.

   When I try to make the JavaInterface I get lots of errors:-
   ../../../../Ipopt/contrib/JavaInterface/jipopt.cpp:21:17: error: jni.h:
   No such file or directory
   In file included
   from ../../../../Ipopt/contrib/JavaInterface/jipopt.cpp:24:
   ./org_coinor_Ipopt.h:53: error: ‘JNIEXPORT’ does not name a type
   ./org_coinor_Ipopt.h:61: error: ‘JNIEXPORT’ does not name a type
   ./org_coinor_Ipopt.h:69: error: ‘JNIEXPORT’ does not name a type

   Is there some code missing? Should I have done something else to get the
   JavaInterface Source?

   I am using Ubuntu 10.04.

   Edmund

Edmund,

Most likely you have not set the JAVA_HOME variable.  The makefile for the
Java interface assumes executables are in
$(JAVA_HOME)/bin

and the include files are in

$(JAVA_HOME)/include.

If the jni.h file is NOT located in the above, you will need to modify the
Makefile accordingly.

marc