[Ipopt] AMPL options problem

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu May 12 11:09:40 EDT 2011

Hi Juan,

Not all Ipopt options can be set from the AMPL command line.  You can see
the list of options available through AMPL by typing

ipopt -=

in a shell, where "ipopt" is your AMPL Ipopt solver executable.

I added this particular option to the list of recognized options in AMPL,
and committed it to Ipopt/trunk.  It will be available in the next release
(or now in trunk, if you use the develpment version via svn).

But you can always set all Ipopt option using the ipopt.opt file.  So,
even with your current Ipopt version, you can just create a file called
'ipopt.opt' in the directory where you run AMPL, and include the line

ma57_pivot_order 4

See also the Ipopt documentation about the use of the ipopt.opt options
file.

Hope this helps,

Andreas