[Ipopt] problem in installing IPOPT 3.9 in Ubuntu 10.04

Sourav Rakshit srakshit at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in
Tue May 10 06:43:29 EDT 2011

Hi,
I am trying to install Ipopt 3.9 in my computer which has Ubuntu 10.04
I followed the instructions given in the ipopt installation webpage.
I have installed MA27 and the associated programs,
FD05.f,FD15.f,ID05.f,ZA02.f and ZA12.f.
I followed the instructions for installing IPOPT, i.e. run configure and
then run make. Everything proceeds fine. however when I run make test it
gives me error that it cannot find the library file libcoinhsl.so.
in the path /ThirdParty/HSL/.libs/libcoinhsl.so
In fact this file has not been generated.
How should I proceed with the installation? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

thanks and regards,
Sourav

--