[Ipopt] HSL distribution/compilation

Jonathan Hogg jonathan.hogg at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 18 09:56:17 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We're looking at changing the way HSL packages are distributed -
probably moving to have each package in its own .tar.gz/.zip archive
with everything it needs.

We're also looking at adding interfaces for some more up to date
packages to IPOPT.

Would it be better if we produced a single coinhsl.tar.gz with
everything in it, or would people prefer to stick with individual
packages as at present? (I'd aim to produce one representing the archive
(free to everyone, non-redistributable) and a separate one for the main
library (free to academics)).

Assuming a single download is preferable, would it be better with its
own autotools based installation that just deposits a libhsl.so and
libhsl.a somewhere friendly, or to integrate it into the IPOPT build
tools (as at present) so the user can build it directly into their
libipopt library?

Jonathan
--
Scanned by iCritical.