[Ipopt] IPOPT/Pardiso

Jonathan Hogg jonathan.hogg at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 09:40:54 EDT 2011

Just to follow up on this, with help from Olaf and Johannes we've
figured out the likely cause of the problem.

If you use the --with-pardiso= flag to configure then the library is
correctly built using the new PARDISO interface.

If you just rely on the linear solver library loader then this causes
problems as it only use the old PARDISO interface.

Changes to support the new interface instead of the old one are trivial,
supporting both may be slightly more tricky.

I've posted a bug and thoughts on a fix via trac (currently pending
approval).

Jonathan.

On 17/03/11 06:50, Olaf.Schenk at unibas.ch wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
>> I download the latest version of pardiso,
>> libpardiso411-GNU443-X86-64.so, making libpardiso.so is a symlink to it
>> in the current directory. My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is then set to include "."
>>
>> Ipopt gets as far as printing the "contains pardiso" message and then
>> segfaults.
>
> Please download the latest version of IPOPT and link this version
> against PARDISO 4.1.1. This should work correctly.
>
> Olaf

Scanned by iCritical.