[Ipopt] Run Ipopt precompiled dlls under vc10

Schwalbe Roman Roman.Schwalbe.fl at ait.ac.at
Thu Mar 10 10:39:12 EST 2011

Hello,

I want to use Ipopt under windows without compiling the whole project, so I tried to use the precompiled dll/lib from "Ipopt-3.9.1-win32-win64-dll". I'm using vc10express, so I had to convert the vc8-project file in "Ipopt\MSVisualStudio\BinaryDLL-Link-Example" into a vc10-project file, which worked without problems. Building was no problem too, but when I run the application it crashes with the error:

First-chance exception at 0x10756350 in BinaryDLL-Link-Example.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x706f2e74.
Unhandled exception at 0x10756350 in BinaryDLL-Link-Example.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x706f2e74.

The debugger goes to Line 39 in cpp_example.cpp ("status = app->Initialize();")

Did someone made the same experience, or does anyone know how to solve this problem?
I assume that the library does not suite the vc10 environment, so is it possible to publish a dll for the vc10 environment? I know there is a lot of documentation about how to compile Ipopt under windows, but I fear this will occupy me for several days - so maybe someone already did this?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Regards
Roman