[Ipopt] suppress solver output

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Thu Jun 23 11:25:16 EDT 2011

On 11:59 AM, Hossein Haghighat wrote:
> Hello,
> I use Bonmin to solve a model. This solver uses Ipopt as the NLP solver. I
> want to suppress all the output message and need only the final results.
> I set the parameters as below:
>
> option bonmin_options "bonmin.algorithm B-BB  print_level 0 outlev 0 ";
>
> but this does not work.Does anybody know how this can be avoided?
>
> Thank you in advance.

I have also requested that there be an option to suppress all Ipopt
output.  One used to be able to do so but that changed.

This change to the Ipopt API broke test routines that do not expect
output from Ipopt. My solution has been to patch the Ipopt source with
the following bash commands:

file="Ipopt/src/Algorithm/IpIpoptAlg.cpp"
comment="// Bradley M. Bell 2009-07-01: Suppress printing startup message"
if ! grep "$comment" $file > /dev/null
then
      sed -istamp $file -e \
      "s|\(.* bool.*[ _]message_printed *= *\)false;|$comment\n\/\/&\n\1
true;|"
fi