[Ipopt] Cutting back alpha due to evaluation error

Martin Schmidt mschmidt at ifam.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jun 8 02:43:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have an NLP for which I often get the message

	"Warning: Cutting back alpha due to evaluation error".

I know that this has something to do with constraints that are not well
defined at the current point (like sqrt of negative numbers etc.).

Is there any chance to analyze at which constraint in the model the
problems occurs? I thought I could find some "inf" or "nan" values in
the higher output levels but I didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance,
Martin