[Ipopt] linear solver

Wendel Alexandre Xavier de Melo wendelalexandre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 10:10:49 EDT 2011

You can use Ipopt in your project, but it is not a good idea because Ipopt
is a nonlinear solver. You can get better results using a linear solver in
particular! You have several free options:

1 - Clp solver (Very good and a COIN-OR project):

https://projects.coin-or.org/Clp

2 - Glpk solver (good solver too and a GNU project):

http://www.gnu.org/software/glpk/

3 - lpsolve:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lpsolve/

If your project is academic, you can get a academic license of those two
excelent commercial linear solvers:

1 - Cplex:

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/integration/optimization/cplex-optimizer/
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21419058

2 - Gurobi:

http://www.gurobi.com/

Good luck

2011/6/2 abdulkadir YAZICI <akadiryazici at yahoo.com>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was looking for a linear solver for my project in C++ and found ipopt. I
> am new to ipopt. where can I find some simple examples?
>
> Thank you
> Abdulkadir

Wendel