[Ipopt] Without providing the Hessian matrix?

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Jan 28 16:34:39 EST 2011

Hi Lewis,

Using the Hessian approximation does not change Ipopt's termination
criteria, so you should overall still get a similar degree of accuracy.
However, it might take longer, and it might also be that the (looser)
"acceptable" termination criteria are kicking in (see the documentation).

Also, for non-convex problems with more than one local solution or
stationary point, the optimizer might take a different path and end up at
a different point.