[Ipopt] Error Message: Restoration phase in the restoration phase failed

Pratim Vakish pratim_usc at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:59:52 EST 2011

Hello,
I am solving large (2000 decision variables) quadratic optimization problems and I obtain error message copied below. For smaller instances (1000 var), Ipopt converges.

Could you please let me know what this error message means and how I could avoid it?
WARNING: Problem in step computation; switching to emergency
mode.

   1r9.9999900e-003
1.91e+001 9.99e+002   1.3 0.00e+000    -
0.00e+000 0.00e+000R  1

MUMPS returned INFO(1) =-13 - out or memory.Restoration phase is called at point that is almost
feasible,  with constraint
violation 1.734723e-018. Abort.

Restoration phase in the restoration phase failed.

Thanks,

Pratim