[Ipopt] F77_FUNC cannot be used ...

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Jan 25 10:21:43 EST 2011

Hi Roger,

I don't have a MAC to try this on, but it seems that the link you provided
might have some answers.

When you write you looked at the config.log file, did you look at the one
in the Ipopt subdirectory?  (There are several of those files around.)

And did you try to see what happens when you add the -arch=x86_64 flag?

What might help you to find out how to fix this is to look into the
Ipopt/config.log file (again, note the subdirectory) and look at the lines
after the string

"checking for Fortran name-mangling scheme"

Maybe you can see that there are some error messages from the Fortran
compiler that tell you if there is a flag missing etc.  Usually, when a
test compilation fails, the config.log file contains the text of the
source file and you could just try to compile it stand-along, looking for
the correct way to call the Fortran compiler in your setup.  However, note
that in some cases the compilation is meant to fail on purpose, for
example, when the script is trying to determine of certain symbols can be
resolved.

Anyway, I hope this points somewhat in a useful direction...

Andreas