[Ipopt] Error in OpenOpt with ipopt 3.10.1

Manuel Andres Ramos Castillo ma.ramos43 at uniandes.edu.co
Sat Dec 31 12:28:18 EST 2011

Hello to all. Recently, I wanted to try OpenOpt with Ipopt. Installed all the software, Ipopt 3.10.1 itself works wonderfull, then installed pyipopt (python interface to ipopt), which also works very good. The problem is when I try to run OpenOpt examples (or any optimization problem) with Ipopt: It only makes two iterations and later exits with the following message.
Exception of type: Eval_Error in file "IpOrigIpoptNLP.cpp" at line 497:
 Exception message: success && IsFiniteNumber(ret) evaluated false: Error evaluating the objective function
I know that the error is related to evaluations of the objective function where it is not defined, but i've tried with functions defined in all the real domain, and with different solvers the problem runs normally achieving optimality. By the way, I'm using ma27 and ma57 linear solvers. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.