[Ipopt] version 3.8.1 and 3.8.3

Rodrigo Lopez-Negrete r.lopez.negrete at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:38:26 EDT 2011

Hi Hossein,

Well, it depends a lot on what are the default options used. In particular I
would look towards what linear solver is being used on either case. Also,
are you sure you're using the same initial guess in both cases?  Are you
using AMPL for both cases?

Best,
 Rodrigo

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Hossein Haghighat <
hosein.haghighat at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
> Can anybody tell me why I get two different solutions when I run my model
> with Ipopt version 3.8.1 (on my machine) and with version 3.8.3 on the Neos?
> how different are these two versions of IPOPT?

*Rodrigo López-Negrete de la Fuente*
Doctoral Candidate
Email: rln at cmu.edu
WWW: http://rodrigo.lopez-negrete.org