[Ipopt] Matlab Interfaces

Johannes Huber johannes.huber at unibas.ch
Thu Apr 21 10:26:30 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I'd like to use the ipopt matlab interface. However Matlab crashes when
calling an example.

I configured ipopt as
../src/configure
ADD_CFLAGS="-ansi -D_GNU_SOURCE  -fexceptions -fPIC -fno-omit-frame-pointer -pthread"
ADD_CXXFLAGS="-ansi -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fno-omit-frame-pointer -pthread"
ADD_FFLAGS="-fexceptions -fPIC -fno-omit-frame-pointer" --with-matlab-home='/usr/local/Matlab2009a'

and used the ma27 solver and the netlib lapack and blas libs. I can run the
scalable problems successfully, so ipopt itself works.
Compiling the matlab interface works as well. However, when calling ipopt from
matlab it crashes after the standard ipopt - message. The Matlab I'm using is
Matlab 2009a (glnxa64) and the used compiler is gcc 4.2.4.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Hannes
Johannes Huber