[Ipopt] sparse matrix additions

Kelly, Jeff (ON0F) jeff.kelly at honeywell.com
Fri Oct 22 11:35:59 EDT 2010

Rodrigo;

I use TOMS601 and SPARSKIT (Y. Saad) for sparse matrix and vector manipulations which usually require you to present the coordinate, ordered-pair, non-zero method or “triplet” storage format in a row or column sorted arrangement.

To sort a row or column in a triplet storage sparse matrix format the most efficient method to do this is the “distribution counting sort” found in TOMS636 as SRTDAT() and is embed in TRSMGU() of TOMS601 – do not use a quicksort to do this.

Jeff