[Ipopt] Linking Ipopt to MPI code

Uwe Sander sander at tum.de
Tue Oct 12 10:51:28 EDT 2010

  Hi folks,

I have an existing C++/MPI code and would like to combine it with Ipopt.
I have added the necessary inlcude files and libraries to my Makefile,
without adding any Ipopt code to my source files yet. Unfortunately, I
noticed the following: As soon as I link the ipopt library to my
project, the code does not run properly. It still compiles without
errors, but on execution I get the error message

"MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()".

If I compile the same code without the "-lipopt" option for the linker,
the program runs fine.

I doubt that error arises from the MPI code since I tested this with a
very basic program that consisted of only four MPI steps: MPI_Init,
MPI_Comm_size, MPI_Comm_rank, and MPI_Finalize. Here, I have the same
problem as above.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Uwe