[Ipopt] Pb with get_variables_linearity

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu May 20 05:02:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have actually never checked it with my code, when it gets executed.
Hmm, and now where I have a closer look I see that there are additional
virtual TNLP functions called get_number_of_nonlinear_variables() and
get_list_of_nonlinear_variables() (hmm, I never recognized them :-(). I
thought yesterday their output would be computed from the output of
get_variables_linearity, but looks like one has to implement both (why??).

So I have to change my previous mail. You may better check your
implementation of get_number_of_nonlinear_variables() and
get_list_of_nonlinear_variables(). The output of that one seem to be the
input for ExpansionMatrixSpace where the valgrind complain occurs. See
also TNLPAdapter::GetQuasiNewtonApproximationSpaces in TNLPAdapter.cpp:1941.

Stefan