[Ipopt] Why sometimes can solve, but sometimes can't solve with the same problem?

Frank E. Curtis frank.e.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:08:23 EDT 2010

Hi Lewis,

I suspect you'll need to answer a few questions before anyone can help you
figure out what's really going on here.

1.) Naturally, if, say, your function evaluations involve random quantities,
than the results can differ from run to run.  (I'm guessing that's not your
case, though.)
2.) If you are changing any of the options, then the results can certainly
vary, even for the same problem.
3.) If you are running different versions of Ipopt, or if you're running
even the same version on different platforms, things can change.

If it's not any of these basic things, we'd probably need to know more about
your problem, the options you're using (including the linear system solver),
etc.