[Ipopt] ipopt and hessian_approximation = limited-memory

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Jun 23 10:32:15 EDT 2010

Hi Pierre,

The values for nele_hess and nele_jac seem correct.

I don't what the error message "the memory can't be read" means - it is
not Ipopt code that prints this.  Is this a segmentation fault?  It is not
clear what the problem is.  I suggest you run your code through a memory
checker (such as valgrind on Linux) to make sure that your code is not the
cause of the problem.  If there is indeed a bug in Ipopt (which is
possible, but most of time issues like this are due to bugs in user code)
this would also show us exactly where.