[Ipopt] convergence with specific constraints

lengagne sebastien lengagne at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 20:29:54 EDT 2010

Dear all

I am working on the motion generation for humanoid robots and I use
IPOPT to solve motion planning problemcon.

I have some troubles with the convergence of the algorithm due to the
properties of my problem.
To plan a motion, I implement constraint on the body position and also
on the contact forces. But the contact forces have a physical meaning
only when the body are at the contact location.

So, I would like to know if it is possible to not take into account some
constraints (on the contact forces) only when some other constraints (on
the body position) are satisfied ?

thank you

--
Sébastien LENGAGNE, Ph.D
CNRS-AIST JRL(Joint Robotics Laboratory), UMI3218/CRT
mail : sebastien.lengagne at aist.go.jp