[Ipopt] IPOPT pre 3.0

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Jan 15 10:33:10 EST 2010

Hi Massimiliano,

(Please send questions regarding Ipopt to the Ipopt mailing list - I'm
copying my reply to it.)

The Fortran version has not changed since Carl and I released the C++
version.  The C++ version has some feastures that the old Fortran version
does not have (adaptive barrier updates, interfaces to some linear solvers
etc).  I would use the C+ version.  By the way, also the C++ version has a
Fortran interface, which should allow you to program your code in Fortran
without bothering with C/C++.

I hope this answers your question.

Andreas