[Ipopt] Where or how can I obtain the libhsl.dll?

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 4 07:05:08 EST 2010

Hi,

you may try to use COIN-OR's ThirdParty/HSL project to build the HSL
dll: First, checkout (via svn)
https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/BuildTools/ThirdParty/HSL/stable/1.1
Then you configure with the additional option --enable-loadable-library.
Then there is some hope that make gives you a libhsl.dll
See also http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node21.html

If that fails, maybe it is easier to just build Ipopt with HSL from
scratch. Since without MUMPS you need only a Fortran77 compiler, you
could use cl as C/C++ compiler and compile_f2c as Fortran "compiler", or
gcc together with gfortran of course.
For compile_f2c, have a look into the BuildTools directory of an Ipopt
source checkout.

Stefan

Lewis I wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using IPOPT (on windows C++ )which i downloaded the precompiled binaries (dll) from COIN Binary Distribution Project.
> but I found that this package are using the default linear solver ( MUMPS ).
> When I change the options of linear solver to MA27 as the documentation said, the following error appeared :
>>> Exception message: Selected linear solver MA27 not available.
>>> Tried to obtain MA27 from shared library "libhsl.dll", but the following error occured:
>>> Windows error while loading dynamic library libhsl.dll
>
> I hv visited the HSL website (http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk/nag/hsl/).
> But it only provides the Fortran code version.
>
> Where or how can I obtain the libhsl.dll?
> Do anyone have any experience on implement ipopt in windows environment?
> or do anyone have a copy of libhsl.dll?
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> Regards,
> Lewis

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan