[Ipopt] Do there exist some optimization problems which are impossible to solve?

Lewis I lewis369lewis at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 13:29:23 EST 2010

Dear All,

I have tried to use ipopt to solve some problems for a long time, but it always failed when I increase the number of constraints.
I know it may be my own implementation problem, but I just wondering that do there exist some optimization problems which are impossible to solve in nowadays optimization technology?
And these problems obj function and constraints are reasonable in reality.
Please tell me if you know the answers.
If yes, I will try to avoid those things.
I would very appreciate if someone can help me.
Thank you for your kind attention.

Regards,
Lewis