[Ipopt] problem with make

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Feb 2 12:31:28 EST 2010

Hi Karnier,

This is a very strange error message.  It seems that your command line is
messed up - there seems to be a "yes" in the command line.

Did you have a look at the command line that is executed and produces this
error message?  If there is nothing obviously wrong, I would try to
execute it "by hand" in the right directory (Apps/AmplSolver) without
make, and see if I can find out what is going wrong.  Maybe you have a
non-standard alias or command that resolves to "yes".

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Karnier Nam wrote:

> Hi all,
I use ubuntu 9.04, with an intel processor.
I am new to IPOPT. I try it for my research works.
I have downloaded and successfully configured it.
When I try to build the code (using make), I get the following error:

g++: yes: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [ipopt] Erreur 1
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /home/ndiaye/CoinIpopt/build/Ipopt/src/Apps/AmplSolver »
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/ndiaye/CoinIpopt/build/Ipopt/src/Apps »
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/ndiaye/CoinIpopt/build/Ipopt »
make: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1

What is the problem ? Could someone help me ?

Many thanks,
Karnier.