[Ipopt] Ipopt report issue

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 3 13:09:30 EST 2010

Hi,

Ipopt has the concept of Journals that can be used to redirect output to
whereever you like.

When you create the IpoptApplication object, just give it as argument a
"false", so it does not create the default journal:
        ipopt = new IpoptApplication(false);

Then you can create your own journal and pass it to Ipopt. It should be
called "console", otherwise Ipopt may create another one later, if I
rembember correct.
   SmartPtr<Journal> jrnl = new MyJournal(gev, "console", J_ITERSUMMARY);
   jrnl->SetPrintLevel(J_DBG, J_NONE);
   if (!ipopt->Jnlst()->AddJournal(jrnl))
     std::cerr << "Failed to register MyJournal for IPOPT output."
               << std::endl;

There are also some Journals implemented already, you may be interested
in the StreamJournal, which you can give a stringstream, that you can
transform into a string object afterwards.
http://www.coin-or.org/Doxygen/Ipopt/class_ipopt_1_1_journal.html

Stefan