[Ipopt] Ipopt crash with PARDISO 4.0 when it starts.

Teeter, Chuck cteeter at Suncor.com
Thu Apr 8 16:07:36 EDT 2010

Lewis,

Have you tried to run your application through the debugger and set break points in the Pardiso interface code to see where it's crashing?  My initial suggestion is to verify (by stepping into the code) that the new interface to Pardiso is being called and not the older one.  If you have defined HAVE_PARDISO_NEWINTERFACE, you should be calling the correct interface.  Also be sure that the F77_FUNC() macro is not being used as described below.

If you are using the Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) for BLAS, you will need to add the appropriate libraries (mkl_intel_c.lib, mkl_thread.lib, mkl_core.lib, libiomp5md.lib in my particular case) to the link line AFTER libpardiso400_INTEL_IA32.lib.

In Visual Studio, I've also set my calling convention for the Ipopt library to __cdecl (/Gd).  It may be worthwhile to check your setting as well.

________________________________

From: James Henderson [mailto:jamesh125125 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 1:00 PM
To: Teeter, Chuck; ipopt ipopt
Subject: Ipopt crash with PARDISO 4.0 when it starts.

Dear all and Teeter,

I have follow your instruction , but when i set everything ,and start to compute , ipopt crash and the ipopt log prints nothing.
I think i have the correct pardiso license and put it at the right place, becasue when i do it wrong, the ipopt log will still have some error messages in it.
But when i do it right, the ipopt crash and ipopt log is empty.
What happen? And how can i fix it?

P.S. I can use ma27, ma57 and mumps as linear solver too.

Thank you.
Lewis