[Ipopt] 3.7.0 Restoration phase in the restoration phase failed.

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 15 12:14:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

I experience similar behaviour. Several nlp's that solved fine with
Ipopt 3.6 give restoration failed trouble with Ipopt 3.7.

If I revert chgset 1485 (IpRestoConvCheck.cpp), it seems to work better.

Any clue why sometimes orig_theta_max should not be set to 0, even
though kappa_resto_ is 0? (whatever this means ;-))

Best,
Stefan

Ali Baharev wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> With the 3.6.1 version, i could successfully solve my feasibility
> problems.
>
> http://reliablecomputing.eu/ipopt/extractive_22.nl
>
> http://reliablecomputing.eu/ipopt/extractive_30.nl
>
> With the 3.7.0 i get Restoration Failed.
>
> Should i stick with 3.6.1? What has changed in 3.7.0 that causes this?
> How can i solve them with the new version?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Ali

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan