[Ipopt] Optimality guarantees for convex problems?

Ruhollah Tavakoli rohtav at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 03:56:15 EST 2009

Lasse,

If you want to minimize a nonconvex function on set D, if your objective
functional be strictly convex on D and set D be a closed convex set, then
(under common conditions) your constrained optimization problem has a unique
(global) minimizer.

in this case, IPOPT will be enable to find your global solution.

Hope this helps

RT