[Ipopt] I can't finish the installation of IPOPT.

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu May 21 10:40:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

the issue could also be that something is wrong with our scripts and give
trouble to the SUN make program when you compile the Ampl Solver Library.

I don't have access to a sun and can't try to reproduce the problem.

As a first attempt to fix it, you could install GNU make and see if that
works, or you could compile the ASL separately (using the instructions
from the ASL package as provide at netlib or wherever you download the ASL
source code), and then tell the Ipopt configure with the --with-asldir in
which directory you generated the precompiled ASL library (amplsolver.a).
This directory also needs to include the ASL header files.

If that doesn't help, we could try to investigate later if there is
another way to fix the problem.  In that case, please create a ticket at
the Ipopt Trac page, with a very detailed description of your setup (such
as operating system version, version of compilers, and version of make),
and I would ask someone with a SUN to look at it.