[Ipopt] matlab 7.8 interface

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at gmail.com
Sun May 10 06:22:45 EDT 2009

Hello Peter,

Peter Carbonetto wrote:

> It looks like the MathWorks website provides some extra information about
> compiling MEX files on a 64-bit platform. I can't say whether my code will
> be compatible with 64-bit, but you can try.

I have used version 3.5.x and a recent trunk 3.6.0 version of IpOpt
extensively (i.e. millions of different problem instances and a few CPU
years) from Matlab R2008a on x86_64 machines, compiled with Mumps and
HSL MA27.  So I am pretty sure all the Matlab-interface and IpOpt code
is 64-bit compatible.

The only problems I have observed are instabilities when the problem
becomes degenerate, but this seems like a natural difficulty for a black
box optimizer which cannot exploit specific structure or apply
preprocessing.

Thanks to both Andreas and Peter for making the Matlab interface possible,
Sebastian