[Ipopt] Binaries for Windows

John Pye john.pye at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 4 19:33:29 EST 2009

Andreas Waechter wrote:
>> BTW, as I will describe, I did pretty much everything in CMake. If
>> the IPOPT developers are considering an update to the build system, I
>> found it far easier to just rewrite the simple makefiles in CMake
>> than to try and mess with MSYS to use the Intel compiler directly.
>> And if CMake is used, you would get most platforms for free and have
>> an easy and consistent way to manage all of the build options for the
>> project.
>
> We have no intention to change the build system. What we have now is
> based on autotools and has been working pretty well on most platforms,
> including Windows via Cygwin or MSys. The Ipopt configure and build
> system is also aligned with the rest of COIN; making any change here
> has mayor painful consequences ;-)

I second that -- I use Mingw/MSYS on Windows and consider support for
that platform as well as MinGW GCC to be a 'must-have' in IPOPT.

My only difficulty with the COIN build scripts has been that it has (at
least in the past) been difficult to use a pre-installed MUMPS library;
one has to let IPOPT build 'its own' copy. This makes packaging of IPOPT
for Linux distributions problematic. But this may have been resolved by now.

Cheers
JP

--
John Pye