[Ipopt] Showing Hessian in optimal solution

Jelmer Ypma j.ypma at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 05:56:20 EDT 2009

Hi Andreas and others,

thanks for your answer. At the moment, I approximate the Hessian using
the method Ipopt provides, so unfortunately I cannot store the Hessian
values in my TNLP class as far as I know.

It seems that in my code (or in the hs071.cpp example) the line

app->Options()->SetNumericValue( "print_level", 12 );

doesn't correctly set the print_level or gets replaced by a (lower)
default. If I add an ipopt.opt file with the same setting in the same
directory as the executable, everything works as expected.

Any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks,
Jelmer