[Ipopt] After compiling Ipopt with Cygwin "make test" fails

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 19 14:13:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

you should have got the following message when running configure:

WARNING: Your Fortran compiler can't compile Fortran 90, I will not
compile MUMPS

Maybe you can try to install gfortran as well, don't know whether it is
an option in the Cygwin installation.
Otherwise you would either need to use MA27 from HSL (if its license is
ok for you), or see if a Pardiso library for Windows works (if its
license is ok for you).
The precompiled binaries are probably not good because they do not
include the matlab interface, right?

Stefan

Johannes Vonk wrote:
> [...]
>>> First of all I got the tarball "Ipopt-3.6.0.tgz" and installed Cygwin as
>>> explained on this page "
>>> http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node24.html".
>> It also sais "After that you obtain the third party code".
>> From below it seems that no linear solver is available.
>> You could try to get MA27 (Fortran77), or Mumps (requires a Fortran90
>> compiler).
>> See manual.
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>>> Then I typed "./configure", "make" and "make install" in the bash of
>> Cygwin
>>> which all appeared to work correctly. But after typing "make test" I got
>> the
>>> following error:
>>>
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> Running unitTests...
>>>
>>> Testing AMPL Solver Executable...
>>>
>>>  ---- 8< ---- Start of test program output ---- 8< ----
>>>
>>> ==> Warning: Treating 1 binary and 1 integer variables as continous.
>>>
>>> Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 275:
>>>  Exception message: Selected linear solver MA27 not available.
>>> Tried to obtain MA27 from shared library "libhsl.dll", but the following
>>> error o
>>> ccured:
>>> Windows error while loading dynamic library libhsl.dll
>>>
>>> EXIT: Invalid option encountered.
>>>  ---- 8< ----  End of test program output  ---- 8< ----
>>>
>>>     ******** Test FAILED! ********
>>> Output of the test program is above.
>>> Testing C++ Example...
>>>
>>>  ---- 8< ---- Start of test program output ---- 8< ----
>>> Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 275:
>>>  Exception message: Selected linear solver MA27 not available.
>>> Tried to obtain MA27 from shared library "libhsl.dll", but the following
>>> error o
>>> ccured:
>>> Windows error while loading dynamic library libhsl.dll
>>>
>>> EXIT: Invalid option encountered.
>>>

>>> *** The problem FAILED!
>>>  ---- 8< ----  End of test program output  ---- 8< ----
>>>
>>>     ******** Test FAILED! ********
>>> Output of the test program is above.
>>> Testing C Example...
>>> ./run_unitTests: line 69:  3708 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
>>> ./hs071_c
>>>  ---- 8< ---- Start of test program output ---- 8< ----
>>>  ---- 8< ----  End of test program output  ---- 8< ----
>>>
>>>     ******** Test FAILED! ********
>>> Output of the test program is above.
>>> Testing Fortran Example...
>>>
>>>  ---- 8< ---- Start of test program output ---- 8< ----
>>> Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 275:
>>>  Exception message: Selected linear solver MA27 not available.
>>> Tried to obtain MA27 from shared library "libhsl.dll", but the following
>>> error o
>>> ccured:
>>> Windows error while loading dynamic library libhsl.dll

>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Johannes/CoinIpopt/Ipopt/test'
>>> make[1]: *** [unitTest] Error 2