[Ipopt] After compiling Ipopt with Cygwin "make test" fails

Johannes Vonk johannesvonk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:17:11 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to install Ipopt under Windows Vista to use it with Matlab.
First of all I got the tarball "Ipopt-3.6.0.tgz" and installed Cygwin as
explained on this page "
http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node24.html".

Then I typed "./configure", "make" and "make install" in the bash of Cygwin
which all appeared to work correctly. But after typing "make test" I got the
following error:

.
.
.
Running unitTests...

Testing AMPL Solver Executable...

 ---- 8< ---- Start of test program output ---- 8< ----

==> Warning: Treating 1 binary and 1 integer variables as continous.

Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 275:
 Exception message: Selected linear solver MA27 not available.
Tried to obtain MA27 from shared library "libhsl.dll", but the following
error o
ccured:
Windows error while loading dynamic library libhsl.dll

EXIT: Invalid option encountered.
 ---- 8< ----  End of test program output  ---- 8< ----

    ******** Test FAILED! ********
Output of the test program is above.
Testing C++ Example...

 ---- 8< ---- Start of test program output ---- 8< ----
Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 275:
 Exception message: Selected linear solver MA27 not available.
Tried to obtain MA27 from shared library "libhsl.dll", but the following
error o
ccured:
Windows error while loading dynamic library libhsl.dll

EXIT: Invalid option encountered.

*** The problem FAILED!
 ---- 8< ----  End of test program output  ---- 8< ----

    ******** Test FAILED! ********
Output of the test program is above.
Testing C Example...
./run_unitTests: line 69:  3708 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
./hs071_c
> tmpfile 2>&1

 ---- 8< ---- Start of test program output ---- 8< ----
 ---- 8< ----  End of test program output  ---- 8< ----

    ******** Test FAILED! ********
Output of the test program is above.
Testing Fortran Example...

 ---- 8< ---- Start of test program output ---- 8< ----
Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 275:
 Exception message: Selected linear solver MA27 not available.
Tried to obtain MA27 from shared library "libhsl.dll", but the following
error o
ccured:
Windows error while loading dynamic library libhsl.dll

EXIT: Invalid option encountered.

 An error occoured.
 The error code is  -12

 ---- 8< ----  End of test program output  ---- 8< ----

    ******** Test FAILED! ********
Output of the test program is above.
make[2]: *** [test] Error 255
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Johannes/CoinIpopt/Ipopt/test'
make[1]: *** [unitTest] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Johannes/CoinIpopt/Ipopt'
make: *** [test] Error 2

I hope somebody knows a solution.
Thanks in advance!

Johannes