[Ipopt] DPOTRF missing in Lapack

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 30 07:53:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

when you look into ~/src/Ipopt-3.5.5/build/Ipopt/inc/config_ipopt.h, do
you have COIN_HAS_LAPACK defined there?
If so, do make clean, recompile, and try again.
Otherwise remove the build directory, and do a new configure and build.
If configure found lapack, then it should have setup config_ipopt.h in a
way that COIN_HAS_LAPACK is defined.

Stefan

Jens Rantil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running an application that uses Ipopt for its optimization. When
> run, the program outputs:
> ===
> [...]
> Exception of type: LAPACK_NOT_INCLUDED in file "IpLapack.cpp" at line 65:
>  Exception message: Ipopt has been compiled without LAPACK routine
> DPOTRF, but options are chosen that require this dependency.  Abort.
>
> EXIT: Some uncaught Ipopt exception encountered.
> ===
>
> LAPACK in itself is installed, both using my Ubuntu package manager,
> but also using the wget-script that resides in the ThirdParty folder
> in the Ipopt source folder. It also looks like it is being identified
> automatically by Ipopt's configure script (see attachment).
>
> Anyone who can give me a hint on what to do next? Am I lacking some
> secret flag somewhere throughout the build process of Ipopt?
>
> Thanks,
> Jens

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan