[Ipopt] After compiling Ipopt with Cygwin "make test" fails

王小平 hustsean at yahoo.cn
Wed Jul 29 01:30:53 EDT 2009

I am
> following the instructions on this page "
> https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/MatlabInterface". In Step 4 I
> modified the file "Makefile" and after typing "make install" I get the
> following error:
$ make install
g++ -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -DNDEBUG -pedantic-errors -Wimplicit -Wparent
heses -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wconversi
on -Wno-unknown-pragmas   -DMATLAB_MEXFILE  -I/ipopt/install/include/coin -IC:\P
rogram Files\MATLAB\R2009a\bin\matlab/extern/include \
        -o matlabfunctionhandle.o -c matlabfunctionhandle.cpp
g++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
make: *** [matlabfunctionhandle.o] Error 1

It's the first time I am working with Cygwin and Ipopt and I don't know much