[Ipopt] compilation of 3.7.0 failed

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 20 04:10:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

> This happens because the new Fedora compiler is more demanding than
> the previous one. The developers of Metis should not use 'log2' to
> avoid conflicts. These conflicts were tolerated by less demanding
> compilers, but not anymore with Fedora.
>
> Use the following workaround:
>
> replace the line
>
> #define log2				__log2
>
> with
>
> #define log2				__log2_metis
>
> in the file
>
> Ipopt-3.6.1/ThirdParty/Metis/metis-4.0/Lib/rename.h.

Thanks!
I added a patch that does this to ThirdParty/Metis/trunk.
Dieter, can you try if that solves it for you?
You can either try to build Ipopt/trunk which you get by
svn checkout https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Ipopt/trunk

Or you can take a checkout of some release, go to ThirdParty/Metis,
and do a
svn switch
https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/BuildTools/ThirdParty/Metis/trunk
(in one line) there.
If you then do ./get.Metis it should apply a patch after downloading
which renames __log2 to __log2_metis.

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan