[Ipopt] PARDISO Windows Library + IPOPT 3.8

Olaf.Schenk at unibas.ch Olaf.Schenk at unibas.ch
Thu Dec 31 03:42:07 EST 2009

Hi Chuck,

> I recently attempted to build IPOPT 3.8 with PARDISO 4.0
> (libpardiso_MKL_MINGW32_P.dll) on Windows.  It seems that the new IPOPT
> interface to PARDISO is different than the one used in IPOPT 3.7, and is no
> longer compatible with the PARDISO dll that I have (it links fine, but
> crashes when I run it).  My questions are:
> 1.  Should the IPOPT 3.8 interface to PARDISO be compatible with the PARDISO
> dll that I have?

The version should be compatible with IPOPT 3.8. Did you use the
PARDISO version from the download area of www.pardiso-project.org?

Also, I think we had the same trouble a few month ago with IPOPT 3.7.
We manually had to set the define PARDISO_NEW_INTERFACE (or a similar
DEFINE statement in the IPOPT source code).

Did you change this as well in IPOPT 3.8?

Please let me know if this is working for you ...

Olaf