[Ipopt] Can i use IPOPT without the input of Jacobian Matrix and the Hessian of the Lagrangian?

Andrea Walther andrea.walther at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Dec 17 02:54:54 EST 2009

Hi Lewis,

I am one developer of the ADOL-C package mentioned in one of the earlier
emails. I just coded up an interface for the coupling of IPOPT and
ADOL-C. So far it ignores the sparsity structure of the Jacobian but
this is only due to some memory leaks that have to be fixed in the
sparsity handling. Therefore, the handling of sparsity should be
available soon.  With only a few hundreds of constraints it should
already work now.

ADOL-C is now tested also under cygwin. If you are interested in this,
I could provide the first examples for the coupling of IPOPT and ADOL-C.

Best,

Andrea

--
Prof. Dr. Andrea Walther
Lehrstuhl fuer Mathematik und ihre Anwendungen

Email: andrea.walther at uni-paderborn.de
Phone: ++49 5251 602721
Fax:   ++49 5251 603728