[Ipopt] Can I use IPOPT with VSC++2008 in Windows?

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Thu Dec 17 13:32:31 EST 2009

Quoting Stefan Vigerske <stefan at math.hu-berlin.de>:

> Hi,
>
> York Tang wrote:
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> My name is York. I am a student from Hong Kong. I am doing a research which
>> related to graphic modeling and it needs to perform large scale of nonlinear
>> constrained optimization.
>> But my program is developing under the Windows C++ Environment which using
>> VC2008.
>> Can i implement IPOPT in my program? Do I need to install some additional
>> package?
>> Thank you for your kind attention.
>
> You could try using the msvc9 binary or the dll at
> http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/Ipopt

Ipopt does have VS8 (aka 2005) support. When the solution file is
opened in VS9,
automatic conversion is performed. This ought to do it. But for this to work,
you must download the source code, of course.