[Ipopt] Linking IPOPT with .deb-packaged MUMPS on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic?

John Pye john.pye at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 16 18:54:09 EST 2009

Stefan Vigerske wrote:
> Hi,

>>> It should be --with-mumps-lib and --with-mumps-incdir.
>>> Stefan

Correction: it should be (AFAICT):

./configure --with-mumps-lib=/usr/lib/libdmumps.a
--with-mumps-incdir=/usr/include

>> Just a word of caution: My current Ubuntu (karmic) has MUMPS version 4.8.4,
>> However, IPOPT pulls in version 4.8.3. I believe there have been issues in the
>> past with the use of MUMPS newer than expected by IPOPT.
>>

> Yes, newer versions than 4.8.3 did not seem to work stable with Ipopt.

Any ideas on what the problem is here? Has there been any discussion
between IPOPT and MUMPS developers on the issue?

Is there an unstable version of IPOPT that works with new MUMPS?

Cheers
JP