[Ipopt] Linking IPOPT with .deb-packaged MUMPS on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic?

John Pye john.pye at anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 14 20:23:15 EST 2009

Hi all

I'm currently working on the packaging of ASCEND for use on Ubuntu, and
as part of that, I've created a Debian package for IPOPT. Recently,
MUMPS has been added to the Ubuntu package repositories (version 4.8.4)
so I'd like to make use of that system package, rather than having a
separate copy compiled especially for Ipopt.

However, when I use

 ./configure --with-mumps-dir=/usr

the IPOPT configure script fails to detect MUMPS. I can't find any
indication of what the error might be, other than possibility the
absence of the directory /usr/libseq on my system (see
https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/ticket/64).

Has anyone else been able to build IPOPT against system-installed MUMPS
on Ubuntu? Any suggestions?

Cheers
JP

P.S. our work on integrating IPOPT into ASCEND seems to now be
essentially complete; we have a working reverse AD implementation that
is providing exact hessian matrices to IPOPT based on user-supplied
equations, and our test suite seems to be working correctly with all the
models we've tried.

http://ascendwiki.cheme.cmu.edu/IPOPT

--
Dr John Pye