[Ipopt] Memory error

Rishi Amrit rishiamrit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:39:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

   I'm using the mex interace from MATLAB to call IPOPT. One of my IPOPT
calls crashes MATLAB and returns for following backtrace:

       Segmentation violation detected at Thu Aug 27 12:33:26 2009

Configuration:
  MATLAB Version:   7.8.0.347 (R2009a)
  MATLAB License:   329690
  Operating System: Linux 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17
01:57:59 UTC 2009 i686
  GNU C Library:    2.9 stable
  Window System:    No active display
  Current Visual:   None
  Processor ID:     x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8, GenuineIntel
  Virtual Machine:  Java 1.6.0_04-b12 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java
HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode
  Default Encoding:  UTF-8

Fault Count: 1

Register State:
  eax = 00000000   ebx = a0f6bff4
  ecx = 00047a38   edx = 0016c410
  esi = 0afe1000   edi = 9fcb4b38
  ebp = 9fdd4008   esp = b367f3e8
  eip = b738c896   flg = 00210246

Stack Trace:
  [0] libc.so.6:memcpy~(1, 10, 2, 11) + 70 bytes

This error was detected while a MEX-file was running. If the MEX-file
is not an official MathWorks function, please examine its source code
for errors. Please consult the External Interfaces Guide for information
on debugging MEX-files.

If it is an official MathWorks function, please
follow these steps to report this problem to The MathWorks so we
have the best chance of correcting it:

Any ideas on what may be causing this problem and how to correct it ?

Thanks,

Rishi