[Ipopt] solving cops-3 problems with ipopt

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Sun Aug 16 13:52:39 EDT 2009

Hi Dieter,

I have not used the COPS scripts, so I don't know how to use cops_solve.

However, what I see is that you let AMPL write a file called ipopt.opt,
and it will contain the line

"option ipopt_options 'outlev 1 maxit 5000 max_cpu_time 1800';

But ipopt.opt is the Ipopt options file, which is read by the Ipopt code
(unless you change its name using the Ipopt/AMPL option
"option_file_name"), and only works if you have in each line an Ipopt
options keyword with the assigned value.  Note that outlev and maxit are
options for Ipopt only available from AMPL (for compatibility reasons).
So, instead your ipopt.opt file could read

print_level 7
max_iter 5000
max_cpu_time 1800

I hope this helps,