[Ipopt] New release 3.6.0

Peter Carbonetto pcarbo at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 30 19:42:56 EDT 2009

> - A new version of the Matlab interface (thanks to Peter Carbonetto).  The
>    interface is simplified, and the configure script is detecting the
>    matlab installation.

I just wanted to follow up Andreas' announcement about the new release of
IPOPT with a short note regarding the MATLAB interface.

The biggest change is that the interface is extremely simplified, so that
a call to IPOPT only has three inputs and two outputs like so:

     [x, info] = ipopt(x0,funcs,options)

A lot of information passed to the IPOPT solver is optional, and so
whatever you don't need, don't worry about. For instance, if you don't
have any bounds on the variables, don't specify them. (Before, you had to
specify the upper and lower bounds to be positive and negative infinity,
respectively.)

Over the next few days I will be upating the documentation on the IPOPT
Wiki (and the readme.html) to reflect these changes. As usual, please let
me know if you encounter any problems with the new version of the
interface.

Peter Carbonetto
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science