[Ipopt] Suitability of IPOPT for bundle adjustment problems in open source computer vision

Keir Mierle mierle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:54:35 EDT 2009

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for responding. I understand it is difficult to relicense. The
threads make it look like if the code is dual licensed, it would be
GPL/EPL. Depending on the projects goals, the GPL may not be the best
choice. Please consider a license that is both GPL compatible and
non-viral (BSD, MIT, LGPL, etc). That way non-GPL projects like libmv
could link ipopt without changing our license, and GPL projects could
still link with libmv.

Are there alternative minimizers you are aware of that have more
compatible licenses?

Thanks,
Keir