[Ipopt] MA77 support

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Sep 26 19:31:33 EDT 2008

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your email.  I'm happy to hear that you have
interest in contributing an interface to MA77 to the Ipopt distribution,
this sounds great.

The best is probably if we discuss the technical details directly (to
avoid too many messages on the mailing list).  I will send you a detailed
reply this weekend or next week.

In principle, what you outlined sounds very good, and a few features
(converting to different matrix data structures) are already available
since they are used for the WSMP and Pardiso interfaces.  The scaling of
the matrices can also be done separately - at this moment we only have an
interface to MC19 (see the IpMc19TSymScalingMethod.?pp files, playing
tricks to get symmetric scaling factors), and it would be wonderful to add
interfaces to newer scaling routines.

So, thanks a lot again for your interest, and more later.

Best regards,

Andreas