[Ipopt] [CppAD] Create a Libray wiht OS for calling it from an external tool???

Alberto Jorrín Rodríguez albejor2002 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 05:48:56 EST 2008

Dear kipp,

   I will try to explain just what I want to create.

   EcosimPro is modeling and simulation tool where I model the optimization example (objetive funtion/constraints) asociated to some model that I have also model in EcosimPro. So my aim is to use an external librery for solving NLP/MINLP problems, just passing the external solver the current values of the objetive funtion,constraints, upper lmitis, lower limits, ... in each iteration. Now for solving NLP problems in EcosimPro I am using an algortihtm of NAG libraries which I called using a .lib file which I have created through an example of NAG.

   So, what I want to is to create a pair of libraries one for IPOPT an one for BONMIN, using the projects included in OS. But I am not a fluent programmer and first of starting this task I should know if it is possible to create this .lib´s using for instance one example of IPOPT or BONMIN implemented using all the OS files.

Sorry, but my English isn´t that good...and I can explain it enough well.

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards

Alberto Jorrín Rodríguez
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Automatica
Dpt.  of Systems Engineering and Automatic Control
Universidad de Valladolid  / University of Valladolid
Address: Facultad de Ciencias, c/ Real de Burgos s/n
47011 Valladolid, Spain
Tel: +34 647 670 581, Fax: +34 983 423161
e-mail: albejor at autom.uva.es